Choosing the right one
If you have decided to purchase a carpet steam cleaner, you are one step closer to having incredibly clean floors and carpets. Yet making the decision to buy a steam cleaner is actually the easy part – choosing from among the many different steam floor cleaners can be difficult. Here are some tips to help you narrow down your decision.
Price Isn't Everything
Of course, you want to find the best steam cleaner at the best price. However, don't let the search for carpet steam cleaners be all about the price, as you may regret opting for the cheapest model. Quality is important, too. That isn't to say you should ignore the price, either; simply look at price as one factor among many. Keep it in mind after you have already decided on the type of steam cleaner you would like, for example.
Types of Steam Cleaners
You might think that all steam cleaners are alike in how they operate, but this isn't the case. There are two different types:
- Steam vacuum cleaners. These use hot water and suction to remove deep-down dirt and soil from carpets and other floorings. The hot water works to remove the dirt, and then it is vacuumed up.
- Vapor steam cleaners. Vapor steam cleaners use true steam for cleaning. This type of cleaner has a chamber which heats water to producing enough steam to clean carpets and floors.
Additionally, there are different models of steam cleaners – not all look alike. This can influence your decision about your purchase. Here are the various models of carpet steam cleaners:
- Portable steam cleaners. Most home steam floor cleaners would be considered to be portable steam cleaners because they are able to be moved around the home with relative ease.
- Handheld steam cleaners. These are the smaller types of steam cleaners. Handheld steam cleaners are often used for spot stain removal and for cleaning furniture and drapes.
- Upright steam cleaners. These resemble traditional vacuum cleaners.
What are the best steam cleaners? That is something you will have to decide, because it really depends on your needs and your circumstances. Check out some consumer opinion websites for assistance and you should have no problems finding the best steam cleaner for your home.